Despite the economic downturn in recent years, Naperville's unemployment rate is well lower than the averages for DuPage County, the State of Illinois, and the United States. This simply means that more jobs are kept in Naperville in comparison to the county, state, and country.
2016 Labor Force
LABOR FORCE: 78,524
The total unemployment rate for the city of Naperville as of April 2017.
% Of Population In Workforce
The total percent of the population, age 16+, in the civilian workforce.
Labor Force From 2010 - 2016
Jobs By Industry
- Agriculture Forestry, Fishing & Hunting170
- Mining, Quarrying & Oil & Gas Extraction26
- Wholesale Trade2956
- Retail Trade11134
- Transportation & Warehousing1599
- Finance & Insurance7318
- Real Estate & Rental & Leasing795
- Professional, Scientific & Tech Svcs.13775
- MGMT. Of Companies & Enterprises2795
- ADMIN. & Sup. & Waste/REMED. SVCS.4342
- Educational Services2103
- Health Care & Social Assistance12861
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation1180
- Accommodations & Food Services7320
- Other Services3123